APPLYING FOR SRC GRANTS
Grant applications for 2022-2023 are now open.
In order to apply for an SRC Clubs and Societies grant, you must complete the application form on this page.
If your club/society is unable to attend an induction session before applying for your grant please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
To claim any awarded grant, clubs/societies must have at least two currently listed Office Bearers who have attended an induction session within the current academic year.
All applications are considered on their own merit and grants are awarded on a needs basis.
Grant applications must:
- Be completed by a currently listed office bearer (generally the Treasurer).
- Include details of what is being applied for, why it is required, and a cost breakdown.
- Be submitted along with a bank statement which is less than two months old or, alternatively, proof of opening. If a club keeps their funds in the SRC Holding Account (agreed with the SRC beforehand) you will not need to submit a bank statement. If a club does not have a bank account then we can still consider your application and ask you to discuss this with us further. Under no circumstances will funds be released into a personal bank account.
The SRC does not consider the following:
- General trips
- Gifts for speakers
- Raffle/tombola/competition prizes
- Room hire costs for venues in the university and the unions
- Non-essential club branded clothing
- Car Hire/ Minibus Hire (where the SRC minibus is available)
- Fundraising events
- Bar deposits
Grant applications are considered at the meetings of the Clubs and Societies Committee which usually occur every fortnight during semesters one and two.
Please note that we may contact you with further questions regarding your application. In some cases, a meeting might need to be set up between a maximum of two currently listed office bearers and the Clubs and Societies Committee to discuss your application in more detail. You will be contacted by email to arrange this.
Factors that are taken into consideration by the committee are:
- Quality of the proposal and its impact on equal opportunities and inclusion
- The club’s ability to manage their finances
- The SRC Clubs and Societies budget
- The application’s contribution to the SRC’s overall strategic objectives
- Potential access to alternative resources
If you require advice on completing your application or on your meeting with the committee please contact email@example.com
Any lobbying or attempt to circumvent the applications process may see your application disqualified.
We recognise that clubs/societies may not have the funds to make upfront purchases where the items are expensive.
In this situation, the club can request that the SRC can make payment directly to the supplier. You must contact the SRC before making any commitment on our behalf; we will happily talk to the supplier for you. Please note it can take up to 5 working days for the SRC to process any payments.
If you have any questions on the SRC Grant process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org