1. Acceptance of the Terms of Service
Please read the Terms of Service carefully before you start using our websites, because by visiting or using them you accept and agree to be bound and abide by these Terms of Service.
Should you disagree with some of the provisions herein, you can either leave our websites (although we’ll be sad to see you go!), or contact us at email@example.com. We are always happy to hear your comments and suggestions.
2. Changes to the Terms of Service and our websites
We reserve the right to update our websites and these Terms of Service from time to time, at our discretion. We will make sure to announce any major change in a prominent way at the bottom of the Terms of Service. Your continued use of our websites following the publishing of updated Terms of Service means that you accept and agree to the changes.
3. Accessing our websites, Security and Privacy
We can’t guarantee that our websites will be available 100% of the time. We also reserve the right to suspend or restrict access to some features to users. In any case, we will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of our websites is unavailable at any time or for any period, nor for any data loss (see also section 7 below).
To access certain features of our websites such as advertising Flatshare or Jobhub, you have to register by entering your email and choosing a password as part of our security procedures. You must treat such information as confidential, not disclosing it to any third party. There is a password reset procedure in case you forget your password, but please notify us of any breach of security. We highly recommend to choose a strong password of at least 8 characters long and that you log out from your account at the end of every session. We reserve the right to force-reset passwords in the event of a security breach or if we suspect suspicious activity.
It is a condition of your use of our websites that all the information you provide on our websites is correct, current and complete. In the future, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. As custom for internet websites, we reserve the right to disable any user account, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any provision of these Terms of Service.
4. Intellectual Property Rights and Use Guidelines.
Our websites and its original content, features, functionality are owned by GUSRC and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
This means that our websites’ design, features and original content are covered by copyright. The public content is subject to the very broad license below and the rules in paragraph 5.
For purposes of these Terms of Service, the term “content” includes, without limitation, information, data, text, photographs, videos, audio clips, written posts and comments, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through our websites. For the purposes of these Terms of Service, “Content” also includes all User Content (as defined below).
All content added, created, uploaded, submitted, distributed, or posted to our websites by users (collectively “User Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such User Content. You represent that all User Content provided by you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You acknowledge that all content, including User Content, accessed by you using our websites is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom. We do not guarantee that any content you access on or through our websites is or will continue to be accurate.
We do not guarantee that any content will be made available on our websites. We reserve the right to, but do not have any obligation to, (i) remove, edit or modify any content in our sole discretion, at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such content or if we are concerned that you may have violated these Terms of Service), or for no reason at all and (ii) to remove or block any content from our websites.
You are permitted to use our websites for your personal, non-commercial use, or legitimate business purposes, provided that your activities are lawful and in accordance with these Terms of Service. Prohibited uses include violation of laws and regulations, hacking our websites in any manner, or violating the Content Standards set below. No right, title or interest in or to our websites or any content on the site is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved. Any use of our websites not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service is a breach of these Terms of Service and can lead to account termination and blocking from our websites.
We encourage your feedback, in the form of reviews, comments, and suggestions or recommendations for modifications, improvements or changes to the Services or our websites that you may choose in your sole discretion to provide us from time to time (“Feedback”). When you provide Feedback, you grant us, under all right, title and interest in and to the Feedback, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, irrevocable, perpetual license to use that Feedback or to incorporate it into our websites or other products or services.
Our websites may contain content specifically provided by us, our partners or our users and such content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any content accessed through our websites.
5. User Contributions and Content Standards. Special Disclaimer for legal content.
Our websites contains user generated content, and also may contain message boards, personal web pages, forums or other interactive features that allow you to upload, post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other Users Content on or through our websites. All User Content must be lawful, not spammy, and clear of virus or other malware. More specifically, but without limiting the foregoing, it must comply with the following Content Standards:
- Not contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Not promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other person.
- Not violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations or that otherwise may be in conflict with these Terms of Service.
- Not be likely to deceive any person.
- Not promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Not cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Not be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organisation.
- Not involve commercial activities or sales , such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Not give the impression that they emanate from us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
We claim no intellectual property rights over the User Content. Your content remains yours. However, by setting your content to be viewed publicly, or commenting in public, you agree to allow others to view and comment on the content for any purpose subject to the Content Standards above and as long as it abides by the general Terms of Service.
We may edit any User Content for the purposes of clarity and to ensure it abides by the Content Standards above. If you consider any User Content to be in contravention of the Content Standards above please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your concerns. We will investigate all claims as soon as possible but we cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted
6. Law and Copyright Infringement
We aim to review Flatshare and Jobshop adverts before they are posted on our websites. We do not review user comments before publication and therefore cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. In the unlikely event we receive a disclosure request from an authorised party, we reserve the right to disclose user identities when required to do so by the law, including in response to a law enforcement request supported by a valid court order. You waive and hold harmless GUSRC from any claims resulting from any action taken by GUSRC during or as a result of its investigations and from any actions taken as a consequence of investigations by either GUSRC or law enforcement authorities.
If you believe that any User Content violates your copyright, please email email@example.com and provide us with a written takedown notice including the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient for us to contact you, such as email, postal address or telephone number.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you is authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitations of Liability and Indemnification.
Your use of our websites is at your sole risk. The service is provided “as is” and “as available”. We disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We are not liable for damages, direct or consequential, resulting from your use of our websites, and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from any claims, losses, liability costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from your violation of any third-party’s rights. You acknowledge that you have only a limited, non-exclusive, nontransferable license to use our websites. Because our websites are not error or bug free, you agree that you will use it carefully and avoid using it ways which might result in any loss of your or any third party’s property or information.
8. Geographic Restrictions
Our website is for intended for use primarily by persons located in the United Kingdom. We make no claims that our websites or any of its content is accessible, appropriate or legal outside of the United Kingdom. If you access our websites from outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
GUSRC operates under Scottish Law and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
In no other circumstances, other than to the extent unavoidable at law, shall GUSRC or any of its officers or employees be liable for any loss, costs or damage whatsoever arising suffered as a result of the use of this website, or the info or content contained or referred to herein.
10. Waiver and Severability
Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and GUSRC and govern your use of the service, superseding any prior agreements (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). If any provision of these Terms of Service is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
We welcome your comments and questions. Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org