About SRC Elections
SRC elections take place twice a year. All positions are elected in Spring and then General Representatives, 1st Year Representatives, Postgraduate Representatives and any unfilled positions will be elected in Autumn. All fully registered University of Glasgow students who have not opted out of representation are eligible to run for Council (for academic positions candidates must belong to the School or College they are running for, and for UG or PG specific positions you must be enrolled as this at the time of running).
You don’t need any particular experience to run for Council — just ideas and enthusiasm. Council is a great way to learn more about the running of the University and get the opportunity to be a voice for students at various levels throughout the University. Getting involved gives you the chance to meet new people from different areas in the University and it looks great on your CV too.
Even if you don’t fancy running yourself, remember that all fully registered students (who have completed both academic and financial registration) are able to vote for their favourite candidate on Election Day so make sure you use this chance to have your say.
SRC Autumn Elections 2023
Click here to view our provisional candidates list.
Click here to view our Election Regulations.
Click here for information about campaign grant funding support.
Click here to read our canvassing tips!
- Nominations Open: Monday 18th September, 9am
- Nominations Close: Friday 29th September, 12pm
- Deadline for Sponsors, Student ID, Manifestos, and Photos: Friday 29th September, 4pm
- Pre-Hustings Meeting: Thursday 5th October, 6pm
- Candidates' Meeting: Friday 6th October, 2pm
- Hustings: Wednesday 11th October, 6pm
- Polling Opens: Thursday 12th October, 9am
- Polling Closes: Thursday 12th October, 5pm
- Results: Thursday 12th October, approx. 6pm
Click on a position to find out more about what's involved.
First Year Representative x 2
General Representative x 4
Undergraduate College Convenors
Postgraduate College Convenors
Welfare and Equal Opportunities Officers