New & Reaffiliating Societies
Affiliation for 2023-2024 is now open.
Please note, affiliation for 2023-2024 will close on 7th June 2024.
To fill out the Affiliation Application, please make sure you are logged in on the Website.
In order to apply to affiliate with the SRC, you must complete an online affiliation application via our website, found below, which requires the following:
Clubs are required to have their members sign up via the SRC Website through your Club Page. You can advertise membership that is free or paid. The default membership options for clubs are Standard and Associate membership. In addition to this, we can also offer customised memberships which allow you to ask signup questions and set up options that differ from the default. We will also be offering a sign-up option for Membership purchased off-line, for members who sign up at events. If this is something your society needs set up this would come under customised membership on the affiliation form. If you have any concerns on how the Membership System on the website can accommodate your society’s needs please get in touch and we can set up a meeting between your committee members and a member of staff. To view your full membership you will need to have your office bearers attend our Clubs & Socs Website Training to gain access to your Club Management System, dates of which can found here.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO AFFILIATE YOUR CLUB/SOCIETY MUST:
- Have at least four committee members. (e.g. President, Secretary, Treasurer, Welfare Officer)
- Have a minimum of 15 members in total.
- Ensure all Office Bearers are current students of the university
- Have no more than 20% non-student members
- Not replicate the remit of an existing club or society. A club or society must be able to clearly demonstrate its specific purpose and identity, and these must be different from any other pre-existing club or society.
New Requirements to Affiliation
- You will need to have a welfare officer. Firstly, we kindly request that each affiliated society includes a Welfare Officer on their executive committee. This step aligns with our commitment to student well-being. This means we now require Clubs to have a minimum of 4 listed Office Bearers. You can find information about the role of a Welfare Officer in the Clubs & Socs Handbook.
- Club and Society constitutions will need to include robust complaints and disciplinary procedures. Secondly, please refer to Section 7 of the Model Constitution for these changes. This change is in response to clubs facing difficulties with processing complaints and resolving disputes over the past year. By having these procedures in place, we aim to reduce stress for all parties involved. Clubs do not need to update their Constitution with these changes before applying for affiliation as we know some of you may need to hold an EGM to do so. Therefore, we ask you that you fill out the Constitutional Amendments form further up on this pages and submit it as part of the application. You will then be provided with a 6 week deadline to provide us with the updated constitution.
To take full advantage of the benefits of affiliation at least two listed office bearers will be required to attend a virtual Compulsory Induction session, the dates of which will be published online in due course. Inductions this year will be held on Zoom. Clubs that do not attend the induction will not have access to benefits such as room booking or minibus booking privileges.
The Benefits (Click on the links for more info)
Affiliation takes place throughout the academic year. The deadline for submitting an affiliation application for the 23/24 academic year will be announced in due course. Any club or society that has not affiliated will not be eligible to apply for a stall at Welcome Fair 2024.
You must re-affiliate at the start of each academic year, otherwise your affiliation from the previous academic year will expire and you will not be able to book rooms or use SRC services until you re-affiliate.
GUSRC reserves the right to refuse affiliation to any club or society where concerns have been raised in the past and are considered to be unresolved. GUSRC also reserves the right to disaffiliate any clubs or societies that are considered to be acting in an improper manner and not for the best interests of students.
The decision of the Clubs and Societies Committee is FINAL
For any club-related enquiries please contact email@example.com and we will do our best to resolve your query by email in the first instance. If you have a number of questions and would like to request a meeting with a member of staff please let us know. The Welcome Point will also be open Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm for any in-person enquiries. You can also call us on 0141 330 5360 Monday – Friday from 9.30am – 5pm.