A Treasurer’s remit is to provide the club/society with sound financial administration so that all aspects of a club’s funds are properly managed and accounted for.
- To be responsible for a club or society’s accounts and petty cash, club cheque book(s), other bank and building society books, and giving out receipts on behalf of the club/society. The SRC Recommends going paperless and setting up online banking so no important information is lost in the post etc.
- To oversee the management of any membership funds that are payable to the society.
- To oversee the financial side of all club/society activities, such as social events and fundraising events.
- To ensure prompt payment of all society-agreed expenditure.
- To keep all records and accounts safely for the duration of office and to hand them over in their entirety to their successor. This includes registering new bank signatories when handing over the society bank accounts.
- To prepare an annual financial report for the Annual General Meeting. The finances of a society need to be transparent to members.
- To be the main point of contact with the SRC if the society applies for an SRC grant and ensure that all grant criteria are complied with.
- Make sure no money is lent any club/society money to members.
- Make sure Reimbursements of Club Member are only made when a receipt has been supplied.
- Don’t sign blank cheques.
If you have any questions relating to the financial management of your club/society please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual General Meeting
It is the Treasurer’s responsibility to present a report at the AGM detailing the club or society’s expenditure over the past year and answer any questions from club/society’s members.