The University appreciates that holding a stall on campus provides your club or society with an opportunity to publicise itself or raise money for charitable causes.
Only SRC/GUSA affiliated student societies are allowed to hold an information stall or a baked good stall. All we ask is that you let the SRC know well in advance so that we can ensure that your stall is not blocking access to entry/exits, does not conflict with other events on campus and, if it is a bake sale, is not in direct competition with the University’s own catering facilities.
All stalls require a signed permission slip and we ask that you apply for this at least one week before you want to hold your stall. Last minute requests or any with less than 7 days’ notice will automatically be declined.
Diaries fill up fast during semester time, so the more notice you can give, the better. Each club/society is limited to one stall request per semester to allow everyone to fundraise. Information and bake sale stalls can be held at the following locations:
- Outside the Fraser Building
- Outside the Wolfson Medical School
Stalls are not allowed outside the Boyd Orr or the St Andrew’s Building.
The stall should not block the entrance to the Fraser Building in any way.
How to Request a Stall
Requests for a stall on campus should be made by email to email@example.com by an office bearer of your society. In your request, you should include details of the:
- The affiliated society you represent
- Name of office bearer requesting booking
- Date required (the space is available from 9 am to 5 pm)
- Location of the stall (Fraser Building or Wolfson Medical School)
- Details of the information/products that will be available
- Baked goods only please (biscuits/cakes/traybakes)
- Under no circumstances should any high risk products such as sandwiches, rice, noodles, pakora, samosas, sushi, etc. be offered.