Roadtrip! Here’s what you and your society need to do in order to be eligible to hire the SRC minibus.
The SRC has one minibus available for club and society use. The bus seats 14 passengers, including 2 required drivers.
To be eligible to book the minibus, clubs/societies must have –
- At least two currently listed Office Bearers that have attended a current induction for the academic year the booking is to take place.
- A currently listed Office Bearer to authorise the booking.
- Handed in a £200 deposit to the Welcome Point (society cheque preferred but cash accepted)
- Two drivers who have completed the mandatory university minibus test.
We can hold a cash/cheque deposit for use in multiple minibus bookings. Additionally, if a club/society has sufficient funds in their SRC Holding Account then it is possible to use these funds for a deposit.
The minibus cannot be hired for personal use or for use in any third party groups’ events as this voids the insurance and can jeopardise your club/society’s use of the minibus in the future.
The minibus cannot be driven in any designated low emission zones (LEZ). Any fines accumulated from doing so are to be paid by the driver of the minibus and are not the responsibility of the SRC: https://www.lowemissionzones.scot/.
BOOKING THE MINIBUS
If a club meets all the criteria the booking process can begin.
A currently listed Office Bearer can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking. We will then check your request details and provide you with a booking form.
A licence check is required to be conducted in person at the SRC Welcome Point following instructions emailed out to you. If there is some time (more than 21 days) between your booking and the date of departure we require you to provide us with another DVLA real-time licence code within 7 days of your booking. You don’t need to come in person for this and can email it directly to us if you have completed all the other paperwork.
A minibus booking takes some time to complete, so we advise that you give at least 10-14 day notice before the booking takes place.
UNIVERSITY MINIBUS DRIVING TEST
There are two minibus test spaces available each week. They always take place at 1pm on Tuesdays. Please note, we are unable to request tests on any other days.
To be eligible to sit the university minibus test, students must:
- Be 21 years of age or over
- Have held a UK* Driving Licence for 2 years (manual vehicle)
- Preferably have no points on their driving licence**
*EU and international students must also have obtained a UK equivalent licence and held that for one year.
**If a student has points on their licence it will be at the discretion of the university garage whether they are allowed to take the test.
To book a university minibus test eligible students must
- Contact email@example.com to request a test booking form.
- Complete the online minibus test booking form and the relevant insurance forms provided by the SRC via email.
For any questions relating to SRC minibus hire, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.