The Glasgow Neuro Society, also known as Glasgow Neuro, was founded in 2010.
The group became active in late 2010, early 2011 when the first lecture/introductory session was given.
The highlight of the year is our annual Neuro Conference which features international speakers who are experts in Neurology, Neurosurgery and Neuroscience.
The group aims are:
– to provide junior members of the medical profession with an opportunity to improve their knowledge and understanding of the nervous system
– to allow students, with an interest in the nervous system, and thus pursuing a career in the neuro specialty, to share their interest with fellow students and clinicians.
– to show students and junior doctors that by working together all members of the medical profession, irrespective of level or location, can help to achieve their common goal – improving the health of human beings.
– to contribute to improving the educational inequalities, health and well being of the local community.
Glasgow Neuro tries to involve and benefit as many people as possible both within and out with the medical profession by organising events best suited to the target audience:
– local lectures, workshops and elective opportunities to benefit Glasgow University medical students
– Teaching and revision events for medical students in preparation for their written exams and OSCEs
– Glasgow Neuro conference for medical students, students of other related subjects, junior doctors and trainees